RAD EXT-220A FT/AC/2XFP/20S/SYE - P/N : AT.12315 Carrier Ethernet Demarcation
NEW Polycom VSX 8000 2201-21400-201 w 2215-21699-201 Video Conferencing Unit
Manufacturer : RAD
Model : EXT-220A
Part Number : AT.12315
Condition : 100% working condition
Ships : 1-2 business days
Key points of the RAD ETX-220A include:
• Carrier-class 10 GbE Ethernet demarcation device providing 40Gbps system throughput
• MEF compliant, supporting MEF applications Ethernet Private Line (EPL) and Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) with flexible mapping of user traffic into Ethernet flows
• Robust bandwidth control mechanism and Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring per Ethernet flow starting at customer premises
• Complete Ethernet OAM solution based on IEEE 802.3-2005 (formerly 802.3ah), IEEE 802.1ag-D8, and ITU-T Y.1731 for Opex reductions
• Built-in RFC-2544 generator and analyzer
The ETX-220A is a Carrier Ethernet demarcation device that provides end-to-end service control and performance management across packet
The device delivers SLA-based business services to the customer premises over native Ethernet access networks. ETX-220A transports up to 40 Gbps
system throughput (20 Gbps ingress and 20 Gbps egress) while ensuring SDH/SONET-like performance and Five Nines reliability.
ETX-220A can deliver IP VPN, VoIP, and dedicated Internet access over the same physical link as a Layer-2 LAN-to-LAN service, all with differentiated quality of service and end-to-end monitoring.
RAD ETX-220A TYPICAL APPLICATIONS
EXT-220A can be used as follows:
• Ethernet 10 GbE demarcation device – ETX-220A can be used in a wholesale Ethernet environment to separate the service provider network, the access
provider network, and the customer network, providing proactive service monitoring and easy fault localization throughout the entire network.
• 3G/4G mobile demarcation device – ETX-220A can be placed in the concentration point and support hundreds of services and concurrent OAM sessions.
• Dual chassis – ETX-220A provides end-to-end traffic management and service control with redundancy.
ETX-220A provides the following services:
• Ethernet Private Line (EPL) – ETX-220A provides site-to-site connectivity over dedicated bandwidth without service multiplexing
• Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) – ETX-220A delivers site-to-site connectivity over shared bandwidth with service multiplexing.
FLEXIBLE TRAFFIC MAPPING:
Traffic is mapped to the Ethernet flows using very flexible classification criteria that can be combined, for example:
• Port-based (All-to-one bundling)
• VLAN + VLAN priority
• VLAN + IP precedence
• VLAN + DSCP
• Ether Type
• IP/MAC source/destination address
• UDP port
More classification criteria and combinations can be found in the user manual.
QOS USING THE ETX-220A FROM RAD:
Different service types require different levels of QoS to be provided end-to-end. QoS can be defined per subscriber as well
as per service. QoS has three aspects: rate limitation, traffic shaping, and traffic prioritization.
Traffic policing is applied per flow or group of flows, and operates according to the dual token bucket mechanism based on user-configurable CIR + CBS and EIR + EBS.
Traffic can be limited to the line rate or the data rate.
For prioritizing user traffic, ETX-220A maps user traffic to up to eight separate queues per service. Each can be configured as strict priority queues or
weighted fair queues (WFQ).
The queues handle traffic with different service demands, such as real-time traffic, premium data, or best-effort data.
The RAD ETX-220A uses the WRED policy to ensure that in case of congestion, green packets are not dropped (yellow packets may be dropped).
HIERARCHICAL SCHEDULING AND SHAPING PER FLOW:
Every flow per EVC or EVC.cos has its own queues and scheduler. ETX-220A supports up to 320 flows, and a total of 64 queue blocks per network/user port, enabling shaping of the EVCs. Each queue block is a group of eight queues per CoS.
ETX-220A COLOR-AWARE P-BIT RE-MARKING:
The VLAN priority bit in Ethernet frames can be modified at network ingress according to the ‘color’ of the frame. This allows service consistency and QoS
continuity across color-aware (Drop Eligible-enabled) as well as color-unaware networks.
The device can be configured to pass through Layer-2 control frames (including other vendors’ L2CP frames) across the network, to peer supported protocols
(IEEE 802.3-2005 and LACP), or to discard the L2CP frames.
The ETX-220A provides a built-in RFC-2544 wirespeed traffic generator and analyzer for unidirectional and bidirectional testing of throughput, latency, and frame loss.
The tests are performed over Layer-2, based on standard OAM messages, and can be performed for multiple flows.
LAYER-2/ LAYER-3 LOOPBACK WITH MAC AND IP ADDRESS SWAPPING:
Layer-2 and/or layer-3 network integrity can be tested by a non-disruptive loopback performed per flow, with swapping of MAC address and optionally
IP address. When the loopback is activated, ETX-220A exchanges the source and destination MAC/IP addresses of the incoming packets. This loopback passes
through Ethernet bridges (MAC address) and routers (IP address).
JUMBO FRAMES AND EGRESS MTU
The RAD ETX-220A supports large frames of up to12 Kbytes.